Tuesday 5 April 2011

Sarah Loves... The Foo Fighters


The first time I properly registered that what I was listening to was a Foo Fighters track was when back in about 1996 I went to my local "indie" night in town. This was my very first experience of any sort of "nightclub" type thing but I can't remember if my parents knew that's where I was going... Oh well :-)

This was the song;


"And I wonder
When I sing along with you
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again
The only thing I'll ever ask of you
You've got to promise not to stop when I say when
She sang"
I remember singing that bit loudly with my friends, it kind of became "our song". It always reminds me of those Indie Nights.

With Wasting Light, The Foos new album due to be released the band decided to leak their own album http://wastinglight.foofighters.com/

I'd already loved Rope and White Limo that had previously been released as tracks from the album, the opening track Bridge Burning opens the album and as thought the music is heavier, darker but absolutely fantastic. Other tracks I'm loving are Dear Rosemary and These Days.

I'm also looking forward to seeing their documentary film this week at the cinema. There's always Rock Band for extra Foos madness too! My life seems very much all about The Foos. Nowt wrong with that ;-)


Can't wait to see them in the summer!



Share

No comments: