Wednesday 9 March 2011

Keep it on my bookshelf

Image from HERE

You may remember I did NaNoWriMo in 2009 and up until the start of 2011 I hadn't started to read what I had written. I did write some utter rubbish in parts but despite that there are some good parts. It's not about writing a masterpiece it's more about challenging yourself to do something.

I've started editing what I wrote and it's kind of like listening to your own voice on an answering machine, I spend a lot of my time cringing and hitting delete really quickly. I'm up to Chapter Three now and it's got me thinking about writing another. 

Could I? Would I? Should I?

The answer is of course "Yes" to all those questions. I'm not sure I'd do NaNoWriMo again, not because I don't think it's a good idea because it really is but because I've done it and now I just want to write for me. I know that I can write and do it within a short time frame, I've done that challenge. It might just be my book that I'll bind and keep on my bookshelf but at least I'll have written a book. Maybe two. Three?

Who knows? ;-)




Share

2 comments:

GoodbyeBlighty said...

I failed NaNoWriMo this time around but I still look at my words sometimes and kind of ache to add more... but not enough to actually add anything. It's the story of my life :(

blissbubbley said...

Maybe NaNoWriMo later this year will be the one...

I do hope you get to finish it!