Thursday 16 September 2010

Wanted: Old Style Telephone


I have an iPhone and our main home phones are the cordless type that is now the modern way to go. So why would anyone buy a phone like the above one these days?

Well I did.

Yes it's the old fashioned style but I've always wanted an old style telephone and this was just perfect. It will look perfect on my desk, it's not just for show. I will use it. At the moment it's still in it's box as I need to tidy my desk so that I don't place this beautiful phone on a messy desk.

Spurs boy says it's my "Mad Men" phone. He's right it is *smiles broadly*


The Dreyfuss 500 Chrome is available from Wild & Wolf. The phone also comes in black. Also the site has a great many other telephones and pretty things for the home. The site is trade only though.

We've done the first draft for the ground floor interior of our house design. I started it but as this is Spurs boy's domain. I admitted after a little go that really he needed to just get on with it. After I had a go at designing one kitchen layout I showed it to Spurs boy he told me how good it was but I had left out plumbling, vents etc. Doh!

So I've been working on the layout of the garden. This is something I can do without interference as Spurs boy has no idea with gardens. Except that his new Sunday activity (after his football) will be to mow the lawn. Unless I decide to use astroturf. Hmm decisions, decisions...

I'll keep you posted!

6 comments:

The Jelly Monster said...

etsy have some cute vintage phones too i kinda want one just as like decoration!

drefooty said...

If you wait long enough for anything, whatever is old becomes new and fashionable again. never fails.

blissbubbley said...

So maybe I shouldn't throw anything away and become a hoarder? Lol

blissbubbley said...

Oh I will have to have a look. Thank you!

blissbubbley said...

Oh I must ask her! Thanks Jo :-)

Jo said...

Be sure to ask FTC about United-themed gravel for the garden. It's a must! :D